Friday, January 4, 2008

The fiasco that is personalcreations.com

PLEASE FORWARD this information to anyone you know who is always on the hunt for a new and different gift for kids!

I found this website through a random catalog I got in the mail. They had totally cute things, so I go there. I ordered 7 items for the not-my-offspring kids on my Christmas list. I ordered these items in November. All items show IN STOCK, and say they ship within 3-5 days, due to personalization time. I get 6 of the 7 items 16 days after my order. One is spelled wrong and one doesn't show up. I go to the website to check on status of the last item. It shows BACKORDERED, even though it was in stock when I ordered it. Fine, whatever. I try calling and get a recorded message "due to high volume of calls we can not take your call at this time" and they hang up on me. Can you believe this?!?! How can you just hang up on customers during your busiest time of year? Ok, it gets better!

I send a message through their "Contact Us" link. It has a big bold red message that says "due to volume it may take up to 48 hours for us to respond to your email". I email, and state that one thing was spelled wrong (after I checked my original order confirmation and packing slip to make sure it wasn't my mess up) and I would like a status of the back order. I still have 2 weeks until Christmas so I should be fine. HA HA HAAAAAA

The following week (MORE than 48 hours, by the way) I still have not heard back. I try to call..same problem. I am pissed off! I email AGAIN! My item now says "in personalization dept" so I am thinking ok, its coming, it might be late...but at least it is coming.

NOPE! Never showed up. So I check on status AGAIN today (6 weeks after original order). Says BACKORDERED again...how did it go from being in production to backordered? So, you guessed it. I call again. This time they don't hang up but I get the "our Customer Care (ha ha ha) Representatives are very busy and will get to your call in the order in which it was received" schpiel.

35 minutes I am on hold listening to this message, all the while I am writing a 3rd, more steaming email to which I will get no response. If I didn't want the satisfaction of getting the damn item...I wouldn't even bother.

But, I want everyone I know, and everyone they know to know that this website, although they have a quality product, CAN NOT stick to their own quality assurance or customer satisfaction guarantees. So, find an equally cute, personalizable product somewhere else...for my, and your sanity!! AAAAAHHHHH!!!

No comments: